We followed our hearts, brains, and dreams to New England - and the decision could not have been any better. Northern Virginia was a pretty toxic place for us (traffic, schedules, jobs... to name a few reasons) and we decided to get the hell out of there. Life is far too short to be unhappy - especially in your 20s - so we bit the bullet and made the change. I won't go into the many details, but we're now living on the north shore of Massachusetts in a beautiful apartment in a wonderful town. My new job is challenging but fulfilling, and M has officially started his new venture. Things are good.
knock on wood
Here are some snapshots from our two short/long months here:
The move. Somehow we fit everything we own in that truck and the Xterra.
A phoenix in the atrium/stairwell of the Newburyport Firehouse Center for the Arts
Salisbury, as seen from downtown Newburyport
Some of the best parts about the new location are that it's so close to the beach...
...and my hometown of NYC is less than 4 hours away. We took a trip down for the NY Auto Show press days. Pictured here is my future ride. I'm a Porsche fangirl and proud of it.
Another perk is the beautiful view from my office, allowing me to take pics like this. The fog was rolling in over the Merrimac River on a weirdly-warm/humid/rainy/sunny/foggy day.
I am hoping that this change will also inspire a change in my blogging. I figure that if I'm happier with my life, I'll be more keen on sharing thoughts and things that actually inspire happiness.






No comments:
Post a Comment