3.30.2011

Riding Relief for Japan

When I first heard about the disaster(s) in Japan, I immediately thought about the amazing people of that country. I don't think I have ever met people (as a whole) more gracious, kind and thoughtful than the Japanese people. This, perhaps, makes the news a little harder to bear for those that have been lucky enough to know and work with the amazing people of Japan.
In the skiing/snowboarding world, Japan is known as a mecca of pow. Nothing quite perks up the ears of those in search of great snow like the mention of this great, snowy landscape. I recently read an article about doing a Japan snowboarding trip on the cheap and seriously considered doing it, but I figured a car might be slightly more important to my life right now... sadly. Luckily, I can live vicariously through the amazing riders (and skiers) who get sponsored trips and professional films of their escapades. The following is footage taken by the Salomon crew shortly before the massive earthquake and subsequent tsunami that struck Japan just weeks ago, turned into something more meaningful than just your average snowboard video. Enjoy!


Salomon Snowboards & Josh Dirksen Relief Video for Japan from Salomon Snowboards on Vimeo.

If you want to help the people of Japan in a tangible way, donate goods or money through the Red Cross.

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

This sounds great! Going to watch the video now :) Hugs xx