Overcast days are some of the best days of the year. Most people stay indoors, and leave all of the fun things available for those of us who are not afraid of a little precipitation. My last weekend in the DC/VA/MD area was one of these times.
Mike and I went to Annapolis, MD, once this past summer and I absolutely loved it. This town (as a NYer, I refuse to call anything else a city) reminded me so much of the coastal towns in New England I have fallen in love with in the past. We walked around the water, sat at a coffee shop, looked at a new Ducati (obviously,) and had an amazing meal at the Federal House Bar & Grill. Being that we were in Maryland, I ordered a crab cake and was more than pleasantly surprised. I am not one who enjoys mixing my foods, and there were no peppers or extra nasty things in the cake. The server even gave me a double order of veggies, so I was in heaven. Mike... was in another kind of heaven, eating his sweet potato fries and buffalo chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon. The town seemed quite different than it did during the summer in the mid-Atlantic humidity and scorching sun, but in a much better way. With less tourists (like us,) tons of people walking their dogs, and even some sailors from the nearby naval academy/base, it appeared to be much more of a quaint coastal town than a touristy state capitol. It's nice to know you can have a pleasant day exploring a familiar place in a new light (literally.)

No comments:
Post a Comment