...or not.
So, this past weekend, I went back to Syracuse to play in our women's hockey alumni game. I was so excited to reunite with my old teammates and closest friends who are now settled all over the country! We did a lot of catching up and tried to re-live old times. I guess the years after college change you drastically, because none of us were really up for the college "scene." I was never much of a social butterfly in college but I wasn't a hermit, either... but this experience made me realize just how much we've all matured. We were invited to a party by one of our teammates who is still in college, and spent about 20 minutes standing in a circle amongst crazy kids until we decided we were just too old for that stuff. We ended up going back to our hotel and zonking out. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, to be honest. The following night we spent in downtown Syracuse at our favorite haunt, Daisy Dukes. Guess we're all just country girls at heart. ;)
Our game was a ton of fun, even though some of us older girls were a little out of shape. And by "a little out of shape," I mean nearly having asthma attacks on the ice. This definitely lit the fire under me to get involved in a league as soon as I get settled somewhere. I didn't realize just how much I missed playing hockey and being on the ice... this has been the longest period of not being on skates in my entire life.
Here's a pic of the girls who made it to the game:
I obviously would be the only one who put her hair down for the picture.....

4 comments:
How fun to re-unite with your teammates! Great photo too :) xx
so fun! love the pic.
This must have been fun! Reuniting with girl friends is always a blast :-)
Wow, I looove to watch hockey but I am too much of a wimp/unathletic to play sports. How awesome!
Post a Comment