I was able to be a part of this thanks to Joanne of JSQUARED mag. She is an awesome chickie and is starting her own skate magazine focused on the NJ-NY area. Definitely give it a look-- she has a ton of support from the skate community in the area and I'm excited to see how it will grow.
Peep these pics I managed to take while I was working:
(click to embiggen)
Kids lined up on Saturday morning after they basically flipped security the metaphorical bird and knocked down the gates to the village

Bits and pieces of the course
.jpg)
.jpg)
(I'm pretty sure that's Eric Koston in the striped tee)
.jpg)
My coworker Noelle attempting to ruin my picture, in the skater lounge, after a long day working in the sun
.jpg)
Pro Finals on Sunday, right before the random storm that started just as the competition was over
.jpg)
.jpg)
And here is the crappiest video ever posted in the history of the internet:
(Taken right at the end of Finals)
I feel so lucky to have been involved in this event. It was friggen epic-- dramatic finish and all-- and I got to be around skaters I admire and brands/companies I have been hooked on for years. All that, and I got a behind-the-scenes look at how events like these take shape. What else could a girl ask for?
2 comments:
rofl that video cracked me up. nice blog =) i am an intern at the limelight pr., inc. my job is to capture all the media postings involving mmc this year. i took a screenshot of your blog, and if they see it, i'm sure the maloof's will enjoy your blog too.
I worked as an intern for the Dew Tour in Boston. I feel like we left with the same thing on our mind "I still love action sports, now I want to break into this business. It was awesome to be behind the scenes and meet all the great people involved." Good luck to us both!
Post a Comment