11.12.2010

BLOWING IT

Wow. I am one of the worst "bloggers," ever.

A lot has happened since my last post, not much of it dealing with what I'd much rather be writing about, unfortunately.
I had an amazing summer after working at MMC; I did a lot of traveling to Boston to visit one of my best friends and had good times. We did a lot of reminiscing back to college and Killington days, and made plenty of new memories. I also did a lot of traveling down to the DC/N. Virginia area and had some amazing times visiting and sight-seeing. We went to Summit Point Motorsports Park in West Virginia (which has a bunch of really great tracks) to do some autoX-ing and even got to see some bike racing, which is one of my all-time favorite things to watch. Maybe sooommmme day I'll participate, but I doubt my waif-ish body could control even a quarter of the weight of one of those ridiculously awesome race-prepped bikes. Sigh.

In September, I was offered a position at a well-known PR firm at home in NYC, and I jumped at the opportunity, as a career in PR is something I'd like to pursue in the future. Having absolutely no background in public relations has made it a bit difficult, but I hope to learn a lot in my current position and apply my skills as well. My constant research doesn't hurt, either.

Ugh, enough horn-tooting and self-reflection. I even hate myself a little for this post. I hope to make this blog better in the coming months and maybe even one day call myself a "blogger." But for now, I'm content with "occasional blogger who tweets a lot."

No comments: