I may be projecting, or I may be completely and totally right. Regardless, I think most would agree there is no better way to celebrate the holiday season than to give the gift of shred and snow fun.
Below is a list of awesome gifts any rider would cherish or, at least, appreciate:
Whether in physical or digital format (so you can watch on your iPhone or... whatever other phone plays video,) these are awesome gifts for anyone who appreciates the art of shred. Whether the recipient is into background metal, hip-hop, or girly hipster bands, there is a movie for them. My personal fave is Peep Show's "Let's Make Better Mistakes Tomorrow" but that's just because I have a ridiculous obsession with all things Peep Show.
JACKETWhile most may wonder why this is here, as most already have their winter gear on lock by late December, I am of the mindset that one can never have too many clothes... especially when it comes to outerwear. Like it or not; so much of snowboarding is about your style-- the way you ride AND the way you dress. People judge you on all of it, and you should put your best gear forward.
PANTS ARE COOL, TOO.
GIFT CARD FOR NEAREST RESORT
Example: Killington Gift Card
This is pretty self explanatory. You can usually use them on lift tix and if not, you can use them on food/drinks/lodging/gear/knickknacks/whatever. This is probably one of the most useful gifts, and one you can prolong over time.
MONEY

Let's be honest... most people who ride are broke a lot. Not quite sure why this is; if riding is the cause of such brokeness, or if people who are broke are naturally attracted to boardsports. This is a large question which would require much more thought and research, so I'll forget it for now. But my main point is that money-- whether in cash, check, or money order form -- is a SWEET GIFT. You can do whatever you want with it: legal or illegal, snowboarding-related or not. And that is what Amurrika is all about! You wouldn't want to be a un-American, now, would you?
I know there are cooler things out there, but I wanted to post this before Christmas.
And it's the thought that counts, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment