6.06.2011

MMC NYC 2011 Recap



I was once again fortunate enough to be a part of Maloof Money Cup in NYC this year, thanks to Joanne of iiamjoanne.blogspot.com. I don't know if it's possible to say this, but I think it was even better than last year. I was non-stop busy and never bored.

Setting off to our positions, bright and early on Saturday morning

This year, I got to work with the Active Ride Shop guys in the Maloof/Active merch tent. I had always thought that working in a merch booth at an event would be super fun, and my suspicions were correct! Nick, Tyler, Todd and EVERYONE else from Active were amazing to work with. Sadly, I don't have a picture of the guys, but you should go check out their website for any info or for your skating needs. Working hard was definitely easy with that team.

Day 1 and Day 2 of working at the Maloof/Active merch tent 
(excuse the horrendous facial expression)

Kids working hard for a free Tech Deck


Highlights of my weekend:
  • Meeting Chanel of MTV's Fantasy Factory - I wasn't able to see her perform because I was working, but she was honestly one of the most down-to-earth and sweetest celebrities I've ever met. From what I heard, it was a fun performance.

  • Seeing some of my favorite skaters up close: Dennis Busenitz, Nick Merlino, Manny Santiago, and Ryan Decenzo

  • Being thisclose to Eli Reed, my favorite skater, several times. I wish I had asked for a picture or autograph. Seriously, look at that style:
  • Meeting THE Geoff Rowley, thanks to an awesome Twitter friend of mine (who I also got to meet in person for the first time!)
  • Meeting all of the other Maloof girls - everyone was so nice and easy to work with. I am really glad we had this group of girls this year.
  • Once again working with Tim, Diondra and the rest of the Maloof Money Cup team. They are what makes the event run as well as it does and I am so glad to have worked with them on two occasions. Many thanks to them!
With that said, here are some more pictures:


TV setup w/ live contest and Twitter feeds in the VIP tent

Vantage point of the finals qualis on Day 1

Media waiting for interviews on Day 2

Jumbo screens with placement info


 Thank you, Maloof Money Cup, for another amazing event!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures~ looks like you had a great time!

Sara Louise said...

This looks like so much fun! I love watching skateboarding on TV (totally confusing my non-skateboarding husband) so I think I would have had so much fun at this! ;-)

Ashley Slater said...

I have never heard of the maloof money cup but these pictures sure look like fun!

nice blog!

following you!!!

-ashley

Adventures of Newlyweds

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

What an awesome time! I'm glad you introduced me to this awesome event!! :)

Ashley Slater said...

thanks for the compliments on miss Bella....I pretty much think she is the most adorable EVER :)